October 01, 2009

Project Big Boy: Success

Wow, it is October 1st already! How did September come and go so quickly? Well I just love the Fall weather; it is the best! We took a family walk together last night, which is something we haven't done in a long long time because of the hot weather. The weather last night felt like good ol' Amarillo evenings which are always so nice and cool. I'm guessing we probably won't see much snow around these parts though. I'll just be thankful for what we have!

I just got back not long ago from grocery shopping, so this will just be a quick post. Noah and I have to get up early (this morning) for Bible study. I have just been absolutely loving every minute of the studying of the Psalms and being a part of a women's Bible study. I have grown so much, and I am so thankful for this wonderful opportunity.

Noah has also been enjoying his Wee Care group. Last week the nursery workers said he did so much better. I knew after a few times of going he would be ok. During a break I decided to go peek my head in to see how he was doing, and Noah was just as happy as could be sitting in a highchair eating his snacks along with another friend in the nursery. After we were finished I went in to pick him up and he was snoozing in a swing with a blanket on him. It was the cutest thing. He would have never sat long enough in a swing to fall asleep at home. I guess the distraction of the other babies playing kept him preoccupied long enough to fall asleep.

The only thing I have been a little anxious about is Noah being around a bunch of other kids with all of the yucky stuff going around right now. We are still in the process of getting our insurance and pediatrician all lined up, so I am just praying for good health! Would you please pray for Noah (well all of us) for God's protection as we enter the flu season.

Before I go, remember the post Noah is...? And remember how I told you he wasn't a fan of juices? Well I was wrong. He loves apple juice, orange juice, and milk (hey, it's cow juice!). When we give him any of those in his sippy cup, he chugs it like you wouldn't believe. I guess sometimes kids have to try things out a couple times before they figure out whether they actually like something or not. Here's a picture of Noah and his apple juice:



Hope you have a wonderful Thursday!



P.S. Oh, how could I forget! Ha. The main reason I wrote a post tonight was to let you know that Project Big Boy has been successful! He's not crying for his bottle any more, and, as I wrote above, he's taking all kinds of liquids from his sippy cup. Yay! I think it is safe to say we have weaned Noah from the bottle. Boy does it feel good. Again, I thank you so much for your prayers and support. It definitely wasn't as hard as we thought it was going to be.

No comments: