October 09, 2009

I Love the Moments

I love...

... the moments when just my presence in Noah's room with a hug around his little body calms his fears when he is crying at night.

... the moments when Noah crawls to me wanting to sit in my lap and we snuggle together for as long as he will let me.

... the moments when Noah comes crawling as fast as he can when he hears me put Einstein's leash on so he can go outside with us.

... the moments when the wind blows in Noah's face and he starts laughing with a huge smile across his face.

... the moments when he crawls in Einstein's (filthy) bed without hesitation to wake Einstein up.

... the moments when he stuffs too many apples or prunes in his mouth because he loves the way they taste, and he looks like a little chipmunk.

... the moments when he pretends to be gagging just to get our attention (he knows it will work every time!)

... the moments when I arrive home after being gone for a while and Noah crawls over to me as fast as he can to meet me.

... the moments when I'm reading to him from his story Bible before bedtime, even though he loses interest as I hold the book in the air as I read to prevent him from tearing out the pages.

... the moments when he puts up a fight to prevent me from brushing his teeth or changing his diaper.

... the moments when I tell him to say, "Mama" and he proceeds to say "Dada" instead.

... the moments when he tries to put his finger in Einstein's nostrils out of curiosity.

... the moments when we put Noah down for a nap and he lies there and talks to himself for 30-45 minutes before he actually falls asleep.

... the moments when he throws every single toy he has out of the bathtub just so he can watch them drop to the ground.

... the moments when I go in his room and find his bottle on the ground after he chunked it over his crib when he was finished with it.

... the moments when he discovers new places to hide such as the dryer or the kitchen cabinets.

... the moments when I go to pick him up after my women's Bible study and I find him conked out in a swing.

... the moments when he thinks it is so funny to push Josh's face away when Josh gets real close to him. That's their little game they play. It's so funny.

... the moments when I lay him down for a nap and he doesn't protest. He just grabs his blankie and lies there calmly until he falls asleep.

... the moments when I look over at Noah while I'm feeding Josh something and Noah has his mouth open like a little birdie wanting to taste whatever Daddy is eating.

... the moments when I am sleeping and Josh brings Noah in to wake me up; Noah is always so excited to wake me up.

... the moments when I tell him to give Mommy a kiss, and he just smiles and leans forward a little bit to let me kiss his sweet face.

... the moments when Noah stuffs down Daddy's "unhealthy" breakfasts like he hasn't eaten for weeks.

... the moments when he throws the ball for Einstein to go catch it.

... the moments when Noah stares at one of us when we are eating (including Einstein) and he starts making a chewing/smacking noise with his mouth.




I don't think I could even come close to listing out all the moments I love about Noah. I can't imagine our lives without him. He brings so much joy, excitement, laughter into our lives, and I praise God for the precious child He has entrusted us with. We are truly blessed.


4 comments:

adie1983 said...

Awwww...sweet post Libby!

The Christians said...

Awww...so sweet! I love this. What a precious little boy!

Cynthia Meeks said...

This is so sweet! I can think of a lot of the same types of times with Hutton. I love that we blog all our precious times with our baby boys so we can go back and remember them when they are big grown up boys!

How did you get your search bar at the top to disappear? I have noticed a lot of blogs have that now and I don't know how to do it, do you mind sharing?

Sarah Brown said...

I Love this post. It truly is a blessing to have a child placed in your care. You are great parents!