October 27, 2009

Weekend with Megan & Bowser

As I mentioned the other day, my youngest sister, Megan, decided to make a quick trip to Fort Worth to visit us last weekend, and we had so much fun. After getting lost, she (and her puppy Bowser) finally made it around 8pm on Friday evening. I gave her directions, but it was dark outside, so she missed the street she was supposed to turn on. But I don't blame Megan for getting lost; I would have gotten lost too if I didn't live here. I am horrible at following directions, and I'm worse at giving them.

Anyway, once she got to our apartment Noah, Einstein, and I met her and Bowser downstairs to let the dogs run around and chase each other for a little bit. We were hoping to they would get some of their "Oh my gosh it's another dog!" energy out. It worked for Einstein, but I'm not sure it's possible to wear Bowser out. Not only is he a puppy, but he has terrier energy in him. He sure is cute though. Noah loved watching Einstein and Bowser play. He thought it was so funny. Any time Noah sees another dog playing with Einstein, he just laughs and laughs.



After we watched the dogs play for a while, we decided to grab something to eat. We went to Genghis Grill, and it was good, but not 16 dollars good. Remind me to never go there again at dinner-time. But we had a great time, and Megan and I had a chance to catch up and talk about everything (one thing girls do best). Once we got home we gave Noah a bath and got him to bed, and then we sat down to watch a chick-flick. Ha. Trying to watch a movie with two crazy maniac dogs running around was impossible. We finally had to put the the ADHD dog (bowser) in his cage because he and Einstein would. not. stop. Oh, and did I mention Bowser hiked his leg twice on my beautiful curtains!? I do not miss the puppy stage at all. But Megan and her boyfriend, Cory, are doing a really great job training Bowser. You can tell he is learning, and for the most part he obeys very well. Bowser is their baby. I asked Megan, "What would happen if you guys broke up for good?" She replied, "Well, we decided on joint custody. He would go back and forth between the two of us." I laughed so hard.

Saturday morning was wonderful because we both got to sleep in. Well, I got up with Noah for a few hours in the morning, but then laid back down while Noah took his morning nap. Josh was home with us for a little while before he had to go into work, so we all decided to go eat some Mexican food. After we finished eating Josh had to go to work, so Megan and I decided to go shopping!

I had an outfit for Noah that I needed to exchange for a bigger size, so we went to Grapevine Mills mall. Josh gave me directions to the mall, and I felt pretty confident that I knew where I was going, but apparently I didn't because we got lost. Well kinda. We just had to turn around because I took the wrong exit. I told you I'm horrible at directions! We finally made it to the mall, and we shopped til we dropped. Noah was such a good baby as always. He got a little cranky, but I think it was because he was hungry and his teeth were hurting. He has had a pretty tough time with these two or three teeth coming in. Poor baby.

Guess what we found for Noah?! Two new pairs of shoes. Yay!

Photobucket

They are really cute on him, but I think we're going to have to buy him a pair of those shoes made for beginning walkers because Noah doesn't seem to want to take any steps with these shoes on. But both pairs are big enough for him to grow into once he gets the hang of walking. We looked all over the mall for shoes for Noah. After going into several shoe stores and finding nothing, we went into Payless, and of course we found a bunch to choose from. Megan found a pair she liked (and she was determined that we get them), and I found a different pair that I liked. We went back and forth on which shoes to get, and just like any woman who can't make up her mind, I got both! But that is all the shopping damage I did for the day, so really, I did pretty good. Here are a few pictures of Noah and Megan at the mall. I love Noah's expressions at the end of the slideshow like, "Are we done yet?"



Megan, thanks again for coming to see us! We need to have another girls' (and Noah) weekend soon!

3 comments:

Melanie Lyons said...

Looks like ya'll had a blast! Sounds like Einstein and Bowser may have had the best time :) Can't wait to see Noah running in his new kicks!

apryl said...

hey just fyi jaxs had a hard time when he started walking too so I got him a pair of pedi-peds, they feel like they are just walking barefoot and that really helped...now he wears whatever we buy

Cynthia Meeks said...

So fun! There is so much more to do in Dallas than here. I'm jealous! I Hutton won't walk in hard sole shoes either! I found this site that has some cute soft sole shoes:http://www.bugalookids.com/default.asp. I haven't ordered from there, but this style is like the only thing that fits on Hutton's chubby foot anyway! I usually just find the same style at target in the baby section, not the shoe section.