October 02, 2009

What a Relief!

One of the hardest things about moving from Amarillo was leaving a wonderful pediatrician behind. We have been in Fort Worth since June, so for four months we have not had a pediatrician. It was probably very stupid of me to wait this long, but choosing a doctor for Noah is such a big decision. As you can imagine, the list of pediatricians here is endless. I didn't know where to start, and even though we've asked around, we haven't really had any recommendations. So I put the search off until about a couple weeks ago.

One night while I was at work I had some down time and decided that it had been long enough; I had to begin my search for a pediatrician. One thing I knew for sure was the doctor needed to be in the Cooks Children's network, and be board certified in pediatrics (duh). Starting there did narrow my search just *a little* bit. With a lot of internet searching, asking around, and prayers I am happy to inform you we have found a pediatrician! And what a relief it is!

We are still in the process of getting our insurance all worked out, but I decided today to go ahead and make the call to the pediatrician's office to make sure she is accepting new patients. From what I've heard, this group of pediatricians can be difficult to get into see, so I was a little nervous when I called to inquire. A lady picked up the phone, and then I preceded to tell her we just moved here... blah blah blah... and then asked her if they were accepting new patients. Of course I was on hold for a few minutes-- the anticipation was killing me. She got back on the phone telling me they are accepting new patients!! I am so thankful, because I'm not sure who my back up would have been. Another answer to our prayers!

Pretty soon I will be making a call to the office again to set up an appointment. With all the flu stuff going around, it would be good to get him in to see the doctor and get acquainted in case we have to go in when Noah's really sick. Plus in two months it will already be time for his 15 month well check up.

It was hard leaving Dr. Fletcher behind in Amarillo, but we are excited about meeting Noah's new doctor. We will keep you updated.

No comments: