December 26, 2009

Christmas In Oklahoma Continued

I'm back with part two of our Christmas in Oklahoma. If you didn't see the last post click here.

I will never again take as many pictures as I did this past trip. Ok, that's probably a lie. The problem I have is that I want to post all of the pictures, but if I did you would probably go cross eyed from looking at all of them and I would end up with carpel tunnel from all of the uploading and editing. So... I have to pick and choose, and it's so hard! Anyway, here are my favorites of our last day in Oklahoma.

Wednesday morning we celebrated Christmas with my family. But before we opened any presents, we went to Ihop together to eat some breakfast, and it was sooo good.

Every year before we open presents we search for the hidden pickle ornament on the Christmas tree. My mom started this tradition of searching for the pickle a few years ago; it's so much fun. Whoever finds the pickle first gets an extra little gift. Well this year Abby found the pickle {lucky duck} and got a gift card to Target. Didn't you find it first last year?

Photobucket

Noah opening up his very first stocking. Boy, he's cute.

Photobucket

I love this picture of Noah & my mom. So sweet.

Photobucket

Everyone showing off their gifts.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Noah's favorite gifts were his books & miniature toy cars.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Samson & Delilah eating their gifts.

Photobucket

Isn't my new camera bag fabulous?! I love it! It is a handmade camera bag my parents got off of Etsy. Now I have a safe place to store my camera and lenses. Yay!

Photobucket

Wednesday evening we went over to my Nana's house and had Christmas with all my extended family. We had a wonderful evening full of wonderful food, gifts, and fellowship.

My Aunt Sherri and cousin Madison are amazing. They made all of the desserts you see below. Every. single. one. And they were delicious!!

Photobucket

Noah got a camo teepee for Christmas from his great grandparents, Nana & Roger. He wasn't real sure of it that evening, but I have a feeling this little teepee will be one of his favorite things to play with over the next couple of years.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Madison playing a Christmas tune on her flute for us.

Photobucket

Leave it to Josh & Matt to throw my little baby like a basketball. Noah was loving every minute of it.

Photobucket

Noah's first grab box experience. Oh, I should probably explain to you what a grab box actually is. It is basically a big box full of wrapped gifts with strings attached to each of them. On each side of the box is a name with several strings taped to the box. Each person, either oldest to youngest or vice-versa, takes turns pulling a string to open up a gift picked out by Nana. We all love the grab box, and look forward to it every Christmas we are with Nana. Thank you Nana for all of the hard work you put into the grab box to make it so very special for all of us. What a blessing to watch Noah experience the grab box this year for the very first time. I know he will grow to love it just like the rest of us.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Whew! We got though Christmas in Oklahoma. Hope you enjoyed all the pictures. We are leaving for Amarillo tomorrow to celebrate Christmas with Josh's side of the family, so I'll be back with more next week. But don't worry, I'll have a post or two in the mean time.

Have a wonderful night!

2 comments:

J. Byas said...

Looks like a wonderful time, Noah looks like he's set for some time!

Erica Nye said...

Walker wanted a pickle ornament so bad this year, but I did not find one. I will have to get one on-line for next year. The question is when you have just one kid aren't they always going to get the gift? I'm sure this is Walker's philosophy. What kind of camera did you get? I want a new one really bad.