November 16, 2011

The Happy Day Project: Day Two

happy day

Day #2: write a note

Photobucket

Our second challenge for the Happy Day Project
was to write a note. A handwritten note.

As much as I ♥ technology and all of its
convenience, there is just something special
about receiving a handwritten letter from
someone when you open up your mailbox.

Yesterday, Noah and I sat down together at our kitchen
table and wrote out letters to my grandmother, Gigi.

In a week or two, she is going to have
back surgery, so I thought this would be the
perfect way to encourage her and bring
some sunshine to her day.

created by HopeInk+ for the Happy Day Project.
She even made a black and white version
for kids to be able to color themselves.

Noah loves to color, so of course, he
was more than happy to color a note for Gigi.

Photobucket

It was funny because out of all the bright
colors Noah could have chosen, he picked the
black crayon to color the front of the card.

But after he was done coloring, the note was
full of bright, happy colors, which I'm pretty
sure will bring a smile to her face.
It did mine!

I'll be back with Day 3 tomorrow!

Photobucket
*dotted line around my photos borrowed from here.

3 comments:

Libby's Life said...

So so so cute! Where did you get your crayon thing?! I want one for Zane so I can take them with us easily.

Jami Nato said...

he is the freaking cutest.

a boy a girl and a pug said...

oh so sweet! love the pictures too...i've meant to ask you do you have a favorite lens?